Meet the Bloggers: Philly Theatre Correspondent, Dan Luner
With the launch of our new Luner on Theatre site, we’re not only striving to make sure you know everything you need to in the theatre world but also know a little bit about the people who are bringing that news every day! Today we begin with our newest member to the team, Philly’s theatre correspondent, Dan Luner!
Most of you know me as Luner on Theatre’s Philadelphia Theatre Correspondent, but do you really know me? As a marketer and communicator, I was taught and can attest to the fact that knowing anything (a person, a trade, etc.) is “all in the details.” So check out the below categories to learn some details about me, that you may have never known!
- Name: Dan Luner
- Age: 23 (24 in November)
- Hometown: Upper Darby, Pa
- Currently Residing: Philly Burbs… a.k.a. Drexel Hill, Pa
- Job: Public Relations Manager at Rosemont College
The Top-Tier Theatrics
- Favorite Musical: Cliché, but… RENT
- Favorite Play: Almost, Maine by John Cariani
- Favorite Song To Dance To: Sorry by JBiebs
- Current Broadway Show You’d Be Cast In: School of Rock — The Musical
- Stage Adaptation You’re Dying To See: Panic! The Musical (Panic! at The Disco Revue)
- The next Disney on Broadway musical should be: Pocahontas
- What you are listening to right now: Dear Evan Hansen Soundtrack, VIEWS by Drake, Schwayze Summer by Schwayze, WALLS by Kings of Leon, The Hamilton Mixtape Soundtrack
- A theatrical experience that changed your life: Seeing Avenue Q for the first time
The Decisive Details
- Favorite Spot To Work: Dunkin Donuts
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Responsible, Loyal, Driven
- How your friends would describe you: Goofy, Motivated, Positive
- How you got into theatre: Stage Crew in 6th Grade — I utilized my little league batting gloves to pull curtains like a boss.
- How do you define success? Success is a personal definition. To each it’s different, but for me being successful will be eventually earning a master’s degree, having my student debt paid off, and being in a job where I can accommodate and support my future family.
- Something You Believe In/Always Will Stand Up For: “Walking a mile in someone else’s shoes.”