Wagner College Theatre’s Class of 2014 Senior Showcase Presented March 31st
The time of year has come again for Wagner College Theatre to celebrate another class about to step into the world. The Class of 2014 will celebrate their achievements tonight and just how far they have come by showcasing their talents in an annual senior showcase performance to theatre industry members in New York City later today. The private event gives industry members not only a chance to look at students for potential jobs but helps to get the names of the Wagner College Theatre graduating performance class out into the world; a place where many of them will soon be performing as life after college gets one step closer. Today, Luner on Theatre brings you the exciting news that Wagner College Theatre’s Class of 2014 will perform their Senior Showcase later today in New York City!
Wagner College Theatre will proudly present the Wagner College Theatre Performance Class of 2014 March 31st, 2014 at the Pershing Square Signature Theater. The private showcase, open only to industry professionals, will take place from 6:30-7:30 PM where the students will perform musical numbers and scenes that have worked on over the past semester showcasing their experience and knowledge gained during their time at Wagner College. A reception will follow afterwards. The showcase is directed by Tony Award winner and Wagner College Theatre professor Michele Pawk.
The Wagner College Theatre Class of 2014 includes John Alati, Brittany Cattaruzza, Steven Copp, Phil Della Noce, Tom DeMichele, Adena Ershow, Brian Falduto, Arielle Blake Gordon, Doug Hanson, Ailsa Hoke, Tom Horvath, Kelly Hubbell, Tommy Joscelyn, Becky Grace Kalman, Julia Karis, Robert J. Keir, Dan Kriss, Gregory Maurice Martins, Jesse McCaig, Brendan McCann, Beth Miller, Samantha Rose, Sarah Shoshana Rosen, Keland Alaka’i Sarno, Bianca Vitale, Lauren M. Wagner and Bronwyn Whittle.
Wagner College Theatre boosts a long and success line of alums working both in and outside of the theatre world. Some of the best known names from the theatre world it is proud to be behind are those such as:
- Christina DeCicco (Class of 2002) who just recently ended her run in Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway. She starred as in the Evita revival as the Eva Peron alternate performing on Wednesday and Saturday matinees. She almost recently appeared in Sister Act.
- Scott Barnhardt (Class of 2001) who currently stars in Tony Award winning The Book of Mormon on Broadway.
- Monette McKay (Class of 2007) who also just recently ended her run in Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark. McKay also previously appeared in the Tony Award winning musical Memphis.
- Katie O’Toole (Class of 2009) who currently works as a Swing in the Tony Award winning musical Jersey Boys.
- Haley Carlucci (Class of 2008) who recently performed in the West Side Story revival on Broadway.
- Brian Sgambati (Class of 1997) who recently took part in The Merchant of Venice on Broadway with Al Pacino.
- Renee Marino (Class of 2004) who recently joined the cast of the upcoming Jersey Boys film where she will appear as Mary Delgado. She also recently starred in the revival of West Side Story and took part in the new musical Wonderland.
- Emilia Martin (Class of 2007) who worked behind the scenes on the recent Broadway production of Bronx Bombers. Earlier this year she worked on A Time To Kill on Broadway as well. She has also done work on Evita and Motown the Musical.
Just a few success names to mention out of the many currently working on Broadway and in the theatre world!
From all of us here at Luner on Theatre, we hope the entire Class of 2014 breaks a leg tonight with their Senior Showcase performance! We know that they will only add to the positive buzz that already surrounds Wagner College and it’s nationally recognized theatre department not only regarding the incredible talent it puts out but the amazing people it helps to create. Break legs everyone!
Wagner College Theatre’s Class of 2014 Senior Showcase will take place later tonight at The Pershing Square Signature Center on 42nd Street in New York City! If you are a theatre industry member and interested in attending, please call 718-420-4036. For more information, visit Wagner College Theatre’s Official Website. Be sure to follow Luner on Theatre on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter as well! We are constantly updating these pages with information! And of course, check out the rest of Luner on Theatre for all your theatre news you don’t only need but want to know and so much more!